Food lovingly created.
The team behind SAPLINBRAE put as much love, care and attention into a pan of soup or a quiche as they do into cooking the perfect steak. Being farmers and having a strong agricultural connection, they deem provenance to be of the highest importance.
Rora Dairy’s award-winning yogurt is made on their family farm in Peterhead. They only use non-homogenised milk direct from the dairy on the day of production. This means they can set to work straight away creating their delicious yogurt. And, because the milk is pasteurised, it’s safe for everyone to enjoy.
Yogurt, like all dairy products, are known to be very good for us as they include protein, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, riboflavin and Vitamin A amongst others… but did you know that grass-fed cows produce milk with more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than conventional milk? CLA is linked to protection from colorectal and breast cancers, diabetes and heart disease. Rora Dairy yogurt is made from milk from grass-fed cows, so there yogurt is full of CLA.
If you would like to get your hands on some of our yogurt you can find our pots of goodness in Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and smaller shops, delis, cafes and hotels across the country. If you would like to find your nearest stockist head here; STOCKISTS
Follow us on our socials to keep up to date!
Instagram, Twitter and Facebook – @roradairy
For the marinade
1 inch fresh ginger (grated)
5 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 ½ tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp salt
½ cup Rora Dairy Natural Yogurt
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
900g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
For the Masala sauce
¼ cup raw almonds
¼ cup raw cashews
1 inch fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp ground coriander
450g diced tomatoes
1 tsp light brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Garam Masala
¾ cup water
¼ cup double cream for serving
- For the marinade scrape peel from ginger then finely grate ginger and crush garlic. Squeeze lemon for juice.
- Put ginger, garlic, lemon juice, Rora Dairy yogurt, coriander, olive oil, chilli powder, paprika, turmeric, garam masala and salt in a large mixing bowl, whisk to blend.
- Trim and discard fat from chicken and cut the meat in to bite-size pieces. Add chicken to marinade and stir to coat well. Cover bowl with cling. Refrigerate for anything between 1 and 4 hours.
- Soak almonds and cashews in cold water for 1 hour. Then blitz in a blender, add a little of the water to loosen if too dry. Set aside for later.
- To make the masala sauce finely grate peeled ginger and mince garlic.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add ginger, garlic, and stir. Add coriander and stir for 25 seconds. Add tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium, add sugar, salt, garam masala and blended nuts and cook for 1 more minute. Turn off heat and let masala cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken and cook through. When chicken is cooked add the double cream and warm through for a few minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan.
Enjoy! Please let us know how you got on, and tag us in your creations!